EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
53,869,633
Abstracts:
29,686,251
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

Research on cereal crop biocoenoses. I. -- Long-term incidence of maize--wheat rotations on the population levels of insect pests



Research on cereal crop biocoenoses. I. -- Long-term incidence of maize--wheat rotations on the population levels of insect pests



Agronomie 2(4): 373-378



A study was carried out in the Paris Basin, France, between 1974 and 1980 on the effects of long-term maize--wheat rotations on the population levels of insect pests, using yellow and pitfall traps. Some 100 000 insects belonging to some 800 species or groups of species were caught per year in each field, of which only 5% were cereal pests. The other 95% were either entomophagous or detritiphagous. Of the 800 species, 180 were present each year and represented 97% of the total caught.

(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 000969243

Download citation: RISBibTeXText



Related references

Research on the cereal crop biocenosis 1. long term incidence of maize wheat rotations on insect pest population levels. Agronomie (Paris) 2(4): 373-378, 1982

Research on the cereal crop biocenosis. I. Long term incidence of maize-wheat rotations on insect pest population levels Zea mays, Triticum.1. Agronomie: sciences des productions vegetales et de l'environnement(4): 373-378, 1982

The effect of long-term cereal crop rotations on yield and infestation of winter wheat by weeds. Acta Academiae Agriculturae ac Technicae Olstenensis, Agricultura ( 64): 215-219, 1997

Studies of Heterodera avenae population dynamics in cereal-rich crop rotations and cereal monocultures. I. The development and infection levels during 15 test years. Bayerisches Landwirtschaftliches Jahrbuch 62(Sonderheft 3): 69-84, 1985

Results of long term cereal rotations with different proprotin of maize. Bayerisches landwirtschaftliches Jahrbuch: 3 (4) 387-403, 1976

Results of long-term cereal rotations with varying proportions of maize. Bayerisches Landwirtschaftliches Jahrbuch 53: 387-403, 1976

Long-term comparison of rock phosphate with superphosphate on crop yield in two cereal-legume rotations. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 74(2): 303-310, 1994

Effects of long-term differences in soil cultivation practices on weed infestation and incidence of cereal stem rots in prolonged cereal rotations on moderately loamy sand soil. Archiv fur Acker und Pflanzenbau und Bodenkunde 30(10): 647-653, 1986

Development and effect of parasitic crop-rotation-damages under the stress-conditions of long term cereal-rotations. Mitteilungen aus der Biologischen Bundesanstalt feur Land und Forstwirtschaft Berlin Dahlem 151 217-218, 1973

Development and effect of parasitic crop rotation damages under stress conditons of long term cereal rotations. Nachrichtenblatt des deutschen Pflanzenschutzdienstes: 27 (7) 101-108, 1975

Long-term effects of pesticides on natural enemies of cereal crop pests. Pesticides and non target invertebrates editor: Paul C Jepson: 193, 1989

Effect of long-term application of fertilizers on productivity of crop rotations, nutrient balance and fertility of a dernopodzolic soil. 1. Crop yield and productivity of crop rotations. Agrokhimiya (11): 50-62, 1987

Influence of fertilization on winter wheat in crop rotations and in long-term monoculture. 2008

Effect of long-term herbicide use on the weed population in various crop rotations. Zeitschrift fur Pflanzenkrankheiten und Pflanzenschutz (Sonderheft 8): 135-138, 1977

Studies on cereal rich crop rotations and cereal monocultures 1. the differentiation of yield and its structure over the course of 15 years of research. Bayerisches Landwirtschaftliches Jahrbuch 64(2): 175-192, 1987