+ Site Statistics
+ Search Articles
+ PDF Full Text Service
How our service works
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

Development of groundwater resources for irrigation in India



Development of groundwater resources for irrigation in India



Agricultural Situation in India 38(5): 287-289



Out of the identified Indian irrigation potential of 113 Mha, about 65% (73 Mha) is from surface water and the remaining 35% (40 Mha) is from groundwater. The contribution of groundwater to irrigated agriculture increased from 6.5 Mha in 1951 to 25.58 Mha by March, 1983. During the Sixth Plan period, creation of an irrigation potential of 13.741 Mha is envisaged, of which the contribution from groundwater would be 7 Mha.

Please choose payment method:






(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 001181353

Download citation: RISBibTeXText


Related references

Groundwater resources for irrigation in India. Reserve Bank India Bull, Bombay, 24: 9, 1507-22, 1970

GIS-Based Suitability Measurement of Groundwater Resources for Irrigation in Thoothukudi District, Tamil Nadu, India. Water Quality Exposure and Health 7(3): 389-405, 2015

Groundwater resources development in India. Improvement of methods of long term prediction of variations in groundwater resources and regimes due to human activity edited by GP Jones: 283, 1982

The impact of irrigation development on regional groundwater resources in Bangladesh. Agricultural Water Management 159: 264-276, 2015

Groundwater resources development and management in India. International Contributions to Hydrogeology 7: 145-149, 1985

Development of groundwater resources of eastern India. INSA Bulletin 4: 73-75, 1970

Proceedings of the international groundwater conference on sustainable development and management of groundwater resources in semi-arid region with special reference to hard rocks, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India, 20-22 February 2002. Proceedings of the international groundwater conference on sustainable development and management of groundwater resources in semi arid region with special reference to hard rocks, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India, 20-22 February, 2002: xi + 243 pp., 2002

Development of groundwater resources and farmer-managed irrigation wells in Shandong Province, China. IIMI South Asian Regional Workshop on Farmer Management of Groundwater Irrigation in Asia: 197-202, 1994

Groundwater resources and development; experiences from the Coimbatore Project in southern India. Pages 257-260 1979, 1979

Large scale development of groundwater financial constraints and remedies Irrigation, India. International Seminar on Development and Management of Groundwater Resources November 5-20-1979 School of Hydrology University of Roorkee Roorkee UP India: proceedings, 1980

Desarrollo y administracion de los recursos de agua subterranea en las zonas del Colector de Decan, en la India Central; development and management of the groundwater resources of the Deccan Traps areas of Central India. Pages 5-6 1974, 1974

Role of meteorology in the development of water resources with special reference to groundwater in India. Biometeorology 9: 81-89, 1985

Sustainable development of groundwater resources: lessons from Amrapur and Husseinabad villages, India. ODI/IIMI Irrigation Management Network Paper ( 90/3d): 23 pp., 1990

Groundwater resources of coastal Orissa (India)--its development management and principal constraint. Papers World Congress on Water Resources(4): 1973-1987, 1979

The environmental aspects of groundwater resources development and management; a case study of Punjab State, India. Australian Water Resources Council Conference Series 8: 379-386, 1983