EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
53,214,146
Abstracts:
29,074,682
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on Google+Follow on Google+
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

Kinetics of acid-catalysed delignification of Eucalyptus globulus wood by acetic acid



Kinetics of acid-catalysed delignification of Eucalyptus globulus wood by acetic acid



Wood science and technology 29(4): 267-275



The kinetics of HCl-catalysed delignification of Eucalyptus globulus wood by 70% (w/w) acetic acid solution were satisfactorily explained by a model in which 5% of the lignin fraction could not be eliminated and the remaining 95% was eliminated by a single process which, in view of the activation energy calculated from the data was attributed to the hydrolysis of alpha-aryl ether bonds. The selectivity of the process was effectively independent of HCl concentration and operating temperature for pulp yields > 50%. At high temperature (160 degrees C) and catalyst concentration (0.027 M HCl), lignin condensation and precipitation became significant and the data were better fitted by a model comprising two consecutive processes: lignin solubilization followed by lignin condensation.

Accession: 002646256

Download citation: RISBibTeXText

DOI: 10.1007/bf00202086

Download PDF Full Text: Kinetics of acid-catalysed delignification of Eucalyptus globulus wood by acetic acid



Related references

Kinetics of polysaccharide hydrolysis in the acid-catalysed delignification of Eucalyptus globulus wood by acetic acid. Wood science and technology 30(1): 31-38, 1995

Reactivity of syringyl and guaiacyl lignin units and delignification kinetics in the kraft pulping of Eucalyptus globulus wood using Py-GC-MS/FID. Bioresource Technology 123: 296-302, 2013

Organosolv pulping v. formic acid delignification of eucalyptus globulus and eucalyptus grandis. Bioresource Technology 37(1): 1-6, 1991

Investigating the process of wood delignification by aqueous solutions of acetic acid. 10. Chemical composition of acetic-acid lignins. Khimiya Drevesiny (6): 44-46, 1988

Investigation of the process of delignification of wood with aqueous solutions of acetic acid. 12. Transformation of the lignin macromolecule in acetic-acid cooking. Khimiya Drevesiny ( 2): 17-22, 120, 1991

Investigation of the delignification of wood by aqueous solutions of acetic acid. 11. The properties of acetic-acid lignins as regards utilization. Khimiya Drevesiny ( 6): 43-48, 120, 1989

Kinetics of Eucalyptus wood fractionation in acetic acid-HCl-water media. Bioresource Technology 51(2-3): 153-162, 1995

Eucalyptus globulus wood fractionation by autohydrolysis and organosolv delignification. Bioresource Technology 102(10): 5896-5904, 2011

Delignification of wood with oxygen in an acetic acid medium. Khimiya Drevesiny ( 2): 12-16, 120, 1991

Polychronic kinetics of the processes of wood delignificatin. 2. Diffusion kinetics of nitric acid delignification. Khimiia drevesiny: (6) 59-64, 1980

Anti-oxidant activity of isolates from acid hydrolysates of Eucalyptus globulus wood. Food Chemistry 90(4): 503-511, 2005

Comparative evaluation of autohydrolysis and acid-catalyzed hydrolysis of Eucalyptus globulus wood. Bioresource Technology 109: 77-85, 2012

Kinetics of wood delignification with nitric acid. Zhurnal prikladnoi khimii: 49 (12) 2735-2738, 1976

Influence of the acidity and dielectric permeability of the acetic acid-ethanol-water system on the delignification of wood. Khimiya Drevesiny ( 6): 27-30, 120, 1989

Identification of new hydroxy fatty acids and ferulic acid esters in the wood of Eucalyptus globulus. Holzforschung 56(2): 143-149, 2002