+ Site Statistics
+ Search Articles
+ PDF Full Text Service
How our service works
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

A reference herbarium for the germplasm collection of tropical forages conserved at the Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical



A reference herbarium for the germplasm collection of tropical forages conserved at the Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical



Pasturas Tropicales 18(3): 71-74



The herbarium of the Genetic Resources Unit at CIAT was established in 1978 for the documentation of germplasm collections held by CIAT. The tropical forage germplasm collection consists of 20 630 accessions consisting of 186 genera and 725 species with forage potential. Of these, 90% are of fodder legumes while the remaining 10% are grasses. To assist in documentation of this germplasm, herbarium specimens are maintained along with collection and distribution data.

Please choose payment method:






(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 003025738

Download citation: RISBibTeXText


Related references

Evaluations for Ascochyta resistance in Phaseolus coccineus germplasm collection at C.I.A.T. (Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical, Cali, Colombia). Annual report of the Bean Improvement Cooperative0(30): 81-82, 1987

Seed multiplication and preliminary evaluations of Phaseolus coccineus germplasm collection at C.I.A.T. (Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical, Cali, Colombia). Annual report of the Bean Improvement Cooperative 29(29): 63, 1986

International collaboration of CIAT (Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical) in cassava varietal improvement. I. Collection and utilization of basic germplasm materials and the establishment of varietal improvement scheme. Japanese Journal of Tropical Agriculture 39(1): 54-60, 1995

Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical. Tropical Pastures Program Annual Report 1980. Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical Tropical Pastures Program Annual Report 1980: 130, 1981

Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical. Tropical Pastures Program Annual Report 1981. Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical Tropical Pastures Program Annual Report 1981: 304, 1982

1971 annual report of the centro internacional de agricultura tropical international center of tropical agriculture colombia south america. Ciat (centro Internacional De Agricultura Tropical) Annual Report: ,, 1971

Biological nitrogen fixation technology for tropical agriculture. Proceedings of a workshop held at the Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical, 9-13 March, 1981. Biological nitrogen fixation technology for tropical agriculture Proceedings of a workshop held at the Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical, 9-13 March, 1981: xv + 726, 1982

Development and Application of an Integrated Conceptual Framework to Tropical Agroecosystems Based on Complex Systems Theories: Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical-University of Guelph Project. Ecosystem Health 3(3): 154-161, 1997

CIAT Report, Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical. CIAT Report, Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical: 130, 1988

International Research in agriculture. 1 CIAT: Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical. Span, London, UK 19(3): 110-112, 133, 135-136, 138, 1976

Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical. Bean Program 1979 Annual Report. Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical Bean Program 1979 Annual Report: 111, 1980

Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical. Cassava Program 1979 Annual Report. Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical Cassava Program 1979 Annual Report: 93, 1980

Report of the Fifth External Programme and Management Review of the Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT). Report of the Fifth External Programme and Management Review of the Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical CIAT: xlv + 126 pp., 2001

International collaboration of CIAT (Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical) in cassava varietal improvement. II. Development of advanced breeding materials. Japanese Journal of Tropical Agriculture 39(2): 99-109, 1995

Variability in virulence of dominican republic xanthomonas phaseoli in ciat centro internacional de agricultura tropical phaseolus vulgaris cultivars. Fitopatologia Brasileira 8(2): 339-346, 1983