EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
47,893,527
Abstracts:
28,296,643
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on Google+Follow on Google+
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

Allium crop situation in Argentina


, : Allium crop situation in Argentina. Acta Horticulturae ( 433): 35-52

Garlic and onion comprise about 95% of the Allium crops grown in Argentina. The remaining 5% is grown with other minor species such as shallot, bunching onion and leek. The semiarid region concentrates the production of dry-bulbs, totalling about 28 000 ha per year of irrigated crops. Onion and garlic reach 16 000 and 12 000 ha, respectively. Most of the production is used for fresh consumption.


Accession: 003035505

Submit PDF Full Text: Here


Submit PDF Full Text

No spam - Every submission is manually reviewed

Due to poor quality, we do not accept files from Researchgate

Submitted PDF Full Texts will always be free for everyone
(We only charge for PDFs that we need to acquire)

Select a PDF file:
Close
Close

Related references

Pathak, C.S., 1997: Allium crop situation in Asia. Allium crops are very important in the Asian diet: production of onion, shallot and garlic are the most important in economic terms. These crops are also an important trading commodity in Asia. About a quarter (2.3 Mt) of world trade in onion is c...

Alvarez, J.A.; Tron, R.E., 1982: Sunflower: present situation of fertilizer application to the crop in the Republic of Argentina. Aspects of fertilizer applications, chiefly N, P and NP, to sunflowers in the main production areas of Argentina are discussed and a summary of the data obtained in 16 areas is given. Seed yield responses varied from area to area.

Argerich, Ca, 1990: Tomato for processing crop management systems in Argentina. present situation and their challenges. Tomato for processing in Argentina is an important social and economical activity for the provinces where this crop is cultivated such as Mendoza, Rio Negro and Santiago del Estero. For different reasons, during the last two decades there was no p...

Meer, Q.P. van der; Bennekom, J.L. van, 1978: Improving the onion crop (Allium cepa L.) by transfer of characters from Allium fistulosum L. Several hundred A. cepa X A. fistulosum hybrids were screened for resistance to Botrytis allii, but no strong resistance was found. The F1 plants were vigorous, perennial and cold resistant, but in many cases sterile. The flowers were distinct in...

Galmarini, C.R., 1992: Genetic resources of onion (Allium cepa L.) in Argentina: importance, collection, conservation, characterization and use in Argentina. Subjects listed in the title are reviewed and achievements of the Argentine onion breeding programme are outlined. A description of the origins and characteristics of cultivars released in recent years is also provided. It is proposed that collect...

Singh, N.; Gupta, A.K.; Misra, S.G., 1987: The residual accumulation of organophosphorus insecticides in onion (Allium cepa) and garlic (Allium sativum) and their impact on yield of crop. The residual accumulation of phosphamidon and demeton-methyl in onion and garlic was studied in the field in Uttar Pradesh, India. Residues after harvest were 10.9 and 8.9 p.p.m. in crops treated with 2 applications of 0.025 and 0.05% demeton-meth...

Saini S.S.; Davis G.N., 1969: Male sterility of allium cepa m and some species hybrids allium pskemense m allium galanthum m allium drobovii m allium roylei m. Economic Botany 23(1): 37-49

Cayo R.M., 1983: Generalities on the energy situation of coal and the present situation in Argentina. Pages 251-253 1983

Dubouzet, J., G.; Arisumi, K.-Ichi; Yoshitake, T.; Etoh, T.; Sakata, Y.; Matsuo, E., 1993: Studies on the development of new ornamental Allium spp. through interspecific hybridization: II. Utilization of Allium chinense X Allium thunbergii hybrids and Allium tuberosum Tender-Pole to develop heat tolerant ornamental Allium spp. The horticultural and breeding performances of Some A. thunbergii G. Don and A. chinense G. Don clones, their hybrids and backcross progenies, and their pollen compatibility with A. tuberosum eng. 'Tender-Pole' were evaluated. The A. chi...

Cortes F.; Gonzalez Gil G.; Hazen M.J., 1983: C banding and sister chromatid exchanges in 3 species of the genus allium allium cepa allium ascalonicum and allium sativum. C-banding and differential staining of sister chromatids by the FPG [fluorescent plus Giemsa] technique after BrdU [5-bromodeoxyuridine] incorporation into DNA was performed in A. cepa, A. ascalonicum and A. sativum. Despite the similarity in the...