EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
53,869,633
Abstracts:
29,686,251
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

Endoscopic classification of type iib early gastric cancer



Endoscopic classification of type iib early gastric cancer



Stomach & Intestine (Tokyo) 16(12): 1321-1324



Of 973 lesions of early gastric cancer operated on during 15 yr, only 41 cases or 46 lesions (4.7%) were type IIb. Fourteen of the 46 lesions (30.4%) were diagnosed endoscopically and the other 32 lesions (69.6%) were detected by a histopathological examination of the surgical specimens with other diseases. The diagnostic process of the endoscopically detected IIb lesions (14) was analyzed and it was classified into 3 courses: the 1st course in which carcinoma was found in the biopsy specimens obtained from small reddish areas (8 lesions); the 2nd in which carcinoma was found in the biopsy specimens obtained from large white areas (4 lesions) and the 3rd in which carcinoma was found unexpectedly in the biopsy specimens obtained from other lesions (2 lesions). In the 3rd course, the endoscopic findings of IIb lesions were not at all clear. Gastroscopic findings of IIb lesions apparently consist of 2 types of mucosal discoloration: the red type and white type. Histopathological examination of 2 types showed a well-differentiated type of adenocarcinoma in the red type and poorly-differentiated adenocarcinoma including signet ring cell carcinoma in the white type. This discoloration of the white type of IIb lesions may be caused by the number of signet ring cells and the invasion of carcinoma cells to the submucosa. In order to diagnose endoscopically more cases of type IIb lesions of early gastric cancer, these 2 types of mucosal discoloration must be detected and the biopsy specimen must be obtained accurately from these 2 lesions.

(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 005359140

Download citation: RISBibTeXText



Related references

Current problems and the future prospects for endoscopic diagnosis of early gastric cancer - How have magnified endoscopy and endoscopic submucosal dissection techniques changed the status of endoscopic diagnosis of early gastric cancer?. Stomach and Intestine (Tokyo) 40(1): 49-64, 2005

Endoscopic evaluation of the depth of invasion of the depressed type early gastric cancer and apparently early advanced cancer in cases of a peptic ulcer within the cancer lesion. Gastroenterologia Japonica. 28(2): 201-208, 1993

Endoscopic diagnosis of type iib early gastric cancer by the endoscopic congo red methylene blue test. Stomach & Intestine (Tokyo) 16(12): 1331-1336, 1981

Endoscopic Resection for Undifferentiated-Type Early Gastric Cancer: Immediate Endoscopic Outcomes and Long-Term Survivals. Digestive Diseases and Sciences 61(4): 1158-1164, 2016

Histology classification challenges for the endoscopic treatment of early gastric cancer. Surgical Endoscopy 26(7): 2092-2093, 2012

Endoscopic discrimination between early gastric cancer and superficial-type primary gastric lymphoma. Stomach & Intestine (Tokyo) 36(1): 51-59, January, 2001

Novel narrow-band imaging magnifying endoscopic classification for early gastric cancer. Digestive and Liver Disease 42(10): 704-708, 2011

Development of scar in elevated type gastric ulcer following treatment of endoscopic laser for early gastric cancer a case report. Gastroenterological Endoscopy 32(10): 2379-2385, 1990

Endoscopic diagnosis of early gastric cancer: Diagnosis of IIc type early gastric cancer by conventional and dye endoscopy. Stomach & Intestine (Tokyo) 35(1): 25-36, 2000

Clinical study of early gastric cancer patients who underwent surgical operation after endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR): A report by the committee of endoscopic surgery associated with gastric cancer research. Stomach and Intestine 29(11): 1162-1170, 1994

Endoscopic diagnosis of type iib early gastric cancer. Gastroenterological Endoscopy 26(10): 1824-1827, 1984

Endoscopic findings of type iib early gastric cancer and minute cancer. Stomach & Intestine (Tokyo) 18(6): 603-609, 1983

Recurrence of type iic early gastric cancer 14 months after endoscopic polypectomy of polypoid cancer report of a case. Stomach & Intestine (Tokyo) 26(4): 403-408, 1991

Endoscopic studies on the superficial spreading type of early gastric cancer. Kobe Journal of Medical Sciences 35(1): 29-38, 1989

Endoscopic resection of early gastric cancer type iic report of a case. Journal of Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine 96(3): 271-278, 1987