EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
52,725,316
Abstracts:
28,411,598
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on Google+Follow on Google+
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

Epidemiological and clinical aspects of chronic asymptomatic hepatitis b virus infections in some population groups of gdansk poland agglomeration


Annales Academiae Medicae Gedanensis 16: 79-94
Epidemiological and clinical aspects of chronic asymptomatic hepatitis b virus infections in some population groups of gdansk poland agglomeration
In the years 1980-1981 some epidemiologic studies were conducted to evaluate for the indication of the frequency of occurrence asymptomatic HBV infections in some population groups of Gdansk agglomeration: school children, youth, students and adults, 4595 persons (age between 5-100) were examined. 90 persons (= 2% of the examined persons) were found, by immunoelectrophoresis, to have serological markers of either present (HBsAg) or past (anti-HBs) HBV infection. HBV infection was higher in men. The frequency of occurrence of antigenemia HBs was significantly higher in the group of school children (2,6%), than in the group of youth (0,6%) and students (1,6%). The highest prevalence (5,1%) was observed in patients with tuberculosis pulmonum (comparative group) and it increased in accordance with the duration of the anti-tuberculosis treatment. Only 8.4% of persons with HBV infection had past history of symptomatic hepatitis. In 70% of persons with HBV infection, the liver was enlarged, in 40%.sbd.abnormalities of liver function were observed on biochemical examinations. In 48% of persons, subjective complaints were present. Morphological examinations of liver biopsy specimens were performed in 38 HBV infected persons and 60% of them were recognized as real HBV carriers, in remaining 40%.sbd.different forms of acute and chronic hepatitis, including cirrhosis development, were recognized.


Accession: 005375024



Related references

Non-parenteral infection with hepatitis B virus in families of patients with chronic asymptomatic HB antigenemia. Epidemiological and clinical aspects. Polskie Archiwum Medycyny Wewnetrznej 54(6): 515-523, 1975

Epidemiological survey of hepatitis B virus infections in various groups of population. Bollettino Dell'istituto Sieroterapico Milanese 58(1): 25-40, 1979

Acute non-A, non-B hepatitis in a hospital population in Warsaw, Poland: clinical and epidemiological aspects. American Journal of Gastroenterology 86(5): 565-569, 1991

Epidemiological aspects of viral hepatitis b and delta hepatitis in selected population from bialystok district poland. Infection 17(3): 175-176, 1989

Epidemiological aspects of viral hepatitis B and delta-hepatitis in selected population from BiaƂystok District, Poland. Infection 17(3): 175-176, 1989

Epidemiology and clinical aspects of chronic hepatitis B and non-A, non-B virus infections. Leber, Magen, Darm 19(5): 231-2, 235-8, 241-4, 1989

Epidemiological and clinical aspects of acute hepatitis C in north-eastern Poland. Roczniki Akademii Medycznej W Bialymstoku 41(2): 381-389, 1996

Epidemiological study of chronic hepatitis in relation to hepatitis b virus infections. Annali Sclavo 19(5): 925-934, 1977

Epidemiological and clinical burden of chronic hepatitis B virus/hepatitis C virus infection. A multicenter Italian study. Journal of Hepatology 39(6): 1036-1041, 2003

Hepatitis B and D virus infection within Amerindians ethnic groups in the Brazilian Amazon: epidemiological aspects. Revista Da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical 37 Suppl 2: 9-13, 2004