+ Site Statistics
References:
54,258,434
Abstracts:
29,560,870
PMIDs:
28,072,757
+ Search Articles
+ PDF Full Text Service
How our service works
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

Labeling of the proteins at the surface of the pancreatic zymogen granule using diazotized iodine 125 iodosulfanilic acid



Labeling of the proteins at the surface of the pancreatic zymogen granule using diazotized iodine 125 iodosulfanilic acid



Biochimie (Paris) 70(2): 291-296



Purified pig and rat pancreatic zymogen granules have been covalently labeled with the membrane impermeant agent diazotized [125I]iodosulfanilic acid. Following alkaline lysis, the radioactivity was almost entirely (92%) recovered in a dense protein pellet designated as the 1 M sucrose pellet. The rest (8%) of the label was recovered in the membrane fraction. The specificity of this procedure in labelling the cytoplasmic aspect of the granule is demonstrated by the absence of label from granule content proteins and by the removal of iodinatable proteins following protease treatment of intact granules. No characteristic integral membrane proteins were labeled. In the pig, four major protein bands were labeled in both subfractions at Mr of 15,000, 33,000, 35,000 and 38,000. In the rat, a similar set of protein bands was labeled except for that of 15,000 Mr which was poorly labeled. Due to their location, it is suggested that these proteins may play an important role in the recognition between the granule membrane and the cell membrane and thereby the control of the exocytosis process.

Please choose payment method:






(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 005787082

Download citation: RISBibTeXText


Related references

Labeling of the proteins at the surface of the pancreatic zymogen granule using diazotized [125I]iodosulfanilic acid. Biochimie 70(2): 291-295, 1988

Surface labeling of adult schistosoma mansoni using diazotized iodine 125 labeled iodosulfanilic acid and turnover of labeled components. Parasitology 89(2): IX, 1984

Diazotized iodine 125 iodosulfanilic acid is not a marker for the outer bilayer of the tegument of adult schistosoma mansoni. Molecular & Biochemical Parasitology 28(3): 217-226, 1988

Identification of the proteins exposed on the cytoplasmic surface of the pancreatic zymogen granule. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 769(3): 622-624, 1984

Use of diazotized di-iodosulfanilic acid to localize the protein components in sarcoplasmic reticulum membranes. Life Sciences 17(3): 343-348, 1975

Determination of Transmembrane Protein with Diazotized (125I)-Iodosulfanilic Acid in the Squid Giant Axon. Proceedings of the Japan Academy Series B Physical and Biological Sciences 54(6): 310-315, 1978

Iodine 125 diazotized di iodo sulfanilic acid iodine 125 as an artificial marker of cell surface membranes. Physiologist 21(4): 32, 1978

Survival of baboon platelets labeled with diazotized (125-1)-iodosulfanilic acid: no effect of drugs that modify platelet behavior. Thrombosis Research 23(1-2): 133-143, 1981

Studies on platelet plasma membranes part 4 quantitative analysis of platelet membrane glyco proteins by iodine 125 diazotized di iodo sulfanilic acid labeling and sodium dodecyl sulfate poly acrylamide gel electrophoresis. Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine 92(3): 430-446, 1978

Photoaffinity labeling and purification of ZG-16p, a high-affinity dihydropyridine binding protein of rat pancreatic zymogen granule membranes that regulates a K(+)-selective conductance. Molecular Pharmacology 57(2): 308-316, 2000

Quantitative proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins. Methods in Molecular Biology 528: 327-338, 2009

Proteomic analysis of pancreatic zymogen granules: identification of new granule proteins. Journal of Proteome Research 6(8): 2978-2992, 2007

Global topology analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins. Molecular and Cellular Proteomics 7(12): 2323-2336, 2008

Identification of the catalytic subunit of the ATP diphosphohydrolase by photoaffinity labeling of high-affinity ATP-binding sites of pancreatic zymogen granule membranes with 8-azido-[alpha-32P]ATP. Biochemistry and Cell Biology 64(1): 13-20, 1986

Pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins: molecular details begin to emerge. Digestion 55(4): 191-199, 1994