EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
53,517,315
Abstracts:
29,339,501
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on Google+Follow on Google+
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

On the feed value and the use of ccm silages for fattening pigs under special considerations of ccm silage from a maize mutant rich in lysine and a mixed silage from ccm and lucerne leaves 2. fattening performance and carcass composition



On the feed value and the use of ccm silages for fattening pigs under special considerations of ccm silage from a maize mutant rich in lysine and a mixed silage from ccm and lucerne leaves 2. fattening performance and carcass composition



Archives of Animal Nutrition 38(4): 279-288



In testing the use of CCM silages of traditional hybrid maize as well as of a maize mutant rich in lysine and of a mixed silage of CCM (90%) and lucerne leaves (10%) individual feeding experiments with fattening pigs in the live weight range of 39-110 kg were carried out. The feed mixtures with the three different silages supplied in connection with barley and protein concentrate were superior to fattening feeds for pigs used in practice. Particularly positive effects with regard to an improvement of feed intake and live weight gain as well as the economizing of traditional protein feedstuffs could be achieved by feeding the test mixtures with CCM silage rich in lysine and mixed silage. The carcass value of the pigs was not influenced by the various feedstuffs.

(PDF 0-2 workdays service: $29.90)

Accession: 006027123

Download citation: RISBibTeXText



Related references

Feeding value and use for fattening pigs of corn-cob-mix silages especially from a lysine-rich maize mutant and of mixed silage from corn-cob-mix and lucerne leaves. 2. Fattening performance and carcass composition. Archives of Animal Nutrition 38(4): 279-287, 1988

On the feed value and the use of ccm silages for fattening pigs under special consideration of ccm silage from a maize mutant rich in lysine and a mixture of ccm and lucerne leaves 1. silage quality nitrogen balance and digestibility experiments. Archives of Animal Nutrition 37(7-8): 583-594, 1987

Effect of high proportions of maize ear meal silage in liquid feed on fattening and carcass performance of pigs and fatty acid composition of fat. Wirtschaftseigene Futter 30(3): 169-183, 1984

Saving mixed feed in bull fattening by moist cut silage or dry cut silage in a dry silage type ration. Tierzucht 31 (1) 34-35, 1977

Investigation of the possibility to feed lucerne and parsley silage to pigs in fattening. Veterinarski Glasnik 43(8-9): 745-752, 1989

Maize silage and wilted lucerne and grass silage in the fattening of young beef cattle. Roczniki Naukowe Zootechniki 21(1/2): 107-122, 1994

Silage quality and nutrient content of silages made from pressed sugar beet chips and their intake in bull fattening with various maize silage rations. Wirtschaftseigene Futter 27(1): 27-38, 1981

Effects of supplementing maize and grass silages with barley and maize silage with urea or ammonia on the intake and performance of fattening bulls. Animal Production 31(3): 243-250, 1980

Influence of higher percentages of corn cob mix in the liquid feed to fattening performance carcass characteristics and fatty acid composition in the deposited fat of fattening pigs. Wirtschaftseigene Futter 30(3): 169-183, 1984

Maize ear silage as the basal feed for rapid fattening of pigs. Jahrb. Arbeitsgemeinschaft Fiitterungsberatung. 1959. 2: 186, 1958

Cultivation and utilization of farmyard feed silages of maize and italian ryegrass whole plant silage and earlage and economics of their use in fattening bulls. Berichte ueber Landwirtschaft 65(4): 629-670, 1987

Influence of green feed and lucerne silage on rapid fattening of pigs and the jelly content of hams. Rocz. Nauk rol. [B, 1957

Effect on fattening and carcass results and on profitability of different concentrate levels for fattening cattle given high-energy maize silage. Wirtschaftseigene Futter 31(3): 243-272, 1985

Sugar beet tops silage and maize silage as a basic feed alone or in combination for bull fattening. Tierzuchter 30(10): 428-429, 1978

Cattle manure and final molasses silage in chicken fattening. 1. High substitution levels of maize by silage supplementation with fat and methionine or fat and lysine. Cuban Journal of Agricultural Science 11(1): 83-90, 1977