EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
53,869,633
Abstracts:
29,686,251
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

Predation and parasitism of cotton leafworm eggs alabama argillacea lepidoptera noctuidae



Predation and parasitism of cotton leafworm eggs alabama argillacea lepidoptera noctuidae



Entomophaga 32(3): 241-248



The identification and efficiency of arthropod predator and parasites related to natural control of cotton leafworm eggs, Alabama argillacea (Huebner), were studied in a cotton field, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil. Plants were marked randomly and the eggs found on them were indicated by arrow tapes for predation and parasitism observations. To evaluate and identify the arthropod fauna in the row-meter containing the marked plant. Visual countings and collections using D-Vac and "beat sheet" were used. The average predation rate during the season, in the presence of 23.0 predators per row-meter, was 50.6% and the parasitism by Trichogrammatoidea annulata was 44.9% totaling 95.5% of egg reduction. In decreasing order of abundance, the arthropod predators found were the ant Pheidole sp., the spider Chrysso clementinae Petrunkevitch, the hemiptera Orius insidiosus Say and Ceratocapsus mariliensis Carvalho and Fontes, and the coccinellid Hyperaspis festiva (Mulsant).

(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 006162653

Download citation: RISBibTeXText



Related references

Predation and parasitism of cotton leafworm eggs, Alabama argillacea (Lep., Noctuidae). Entomophaga, 323: 241-248, 1987

Natural predation on the cotton leafworm alabama argillacea lepidoptera noctuidae. Journal of Economic Entomology 76(4): 779-784, 1983

Predation of cotton leafworm first instar larvae alabama argillacea lepidoptera noctuidae. Entomophaga 36(4): 481-491, 1991

Predation of cotton leafworm first instar larvae, Alabama argillacea (Lep.: Noctuidae). Entomophaga 36(4): 481-491, 1991

Parasitism of cotton leafworm Alabama argillacea eggs by Trichogramma pretiosum in commercial cotton fields. Journal of Applied Entomology 134(7): 572-580, 2010

Parasitism of eggs of Heliothis sp. and Alabama argillacea (Hubner) (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) on cotton by Trichogramma pretiosum Riley (Hymenoptera, Trichogrammatidae) in northern Parana. Anais da Sociedade Entomologica do Brasil 18(Supplement): 161-167, 1989

Resistance of some cotton genotypes to the cotton leafworm alabama argillacea lepidoptera noctuidae. Anais da Sociedade Entomologica do Brasil 11(2): 197-202, 1982

Resistance of some cotton genotypes to the cotton leafworm, Alabama argillacea (Hubner, 1818) (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae). Anais Sociedade Entomologica do Brasil1(2): 197-202, 1982

Contribution to the biology of the american cotton leafworm alabama argillacea lepidoptera noctuidae. Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Entomologie 84(4): 412-418, 1977

Resistance of genotypes of cotton to the leafworm Alabama argillacea (Hubner, 1818) (Lepidoptera-Noctuidae). Anais da Sociedade Entomologica do Brasil 11(2): 197-202, 1982

Feeding and dispersal behavior of the cotton leafworm, Alabama argillacea (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae), on Bt and non-Bt cotton: implications for evolution and resistance management. Plos One 9(11): E111588-E111588, 2015

Effects of various larval and adult diets on the american cotton leafworm alabama argillacea lepidoptera noctuidae. Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Entomologie 85(2): 219-224, 1978

Effect of emamectin benzoate on several larval stages of cotton leafworm Alabama argillacea Hubner (Lepidoptera:Noctuidae). Arquivos do Instituto Biologico Sao Paulo 68(2): 57-61, 2001

Abstracts, references, and key words of publications relating to the cotton leafworm, Alabama argillacea (Huebner), (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Abstracts, references, and key words of ications relating to the cotton leafworm, Alabama argillacea Huebner, Lepidoptera: Noctuidae: 136, 1985

Pathogenicity of Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki (H: 3a-3b) for the cotton leafworm Alabama argillacea (Hubner, 1818) (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae). Revista de Agricultura, Brasil 59(3): 263-282, 1984