+ Site Statistics
+ Search Articles
+ PDF Full Text Service
How our service works
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

Sagittal split technique 2. radiographic findings during the fixation period a radiographic follow up study



Sagittal split technique 2. radiographic findings during the fixation period a radiographic follow up study



International Journal of Oral Surgery 8(2): 82-88



The radiological appearance of 28 patients following sagittal split osteotomy was studied during the fixation period. Larger areas of overlap and smaller diastasis between the fragments were more frequently associated with short periods of fixation (7 wk or less). This difference was not statistically significant. In 84% of the operated sides varying degrees of decalcification were seen within the bone structures. Using tomographic images callus formation between the fragments were registered in 75% of the cases before or at the termination of the fixation; these cases were all stable after removal of fixation. With the exception of 2 cases the remaining 25% were clinically stable, although callus formation could not be demonstrated radiographically.

Please choose payment method:






(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 006360227

Download citation: RISBibTeXText

PMID: 112075


Related references

Sagittal split technique 1. immediate post operative conditions a radiographic follow up study. International Journal of Oral Surgery 8(2): 75-81, 1979

Sagittal split technique. III. Postoperative rest conditions. A radiographic follow-up study. International Journal of Oral Surgery 8(2): 89-94, 1979

Radiographic stereophotogrammetric evaluation of intersegmental stability after mandibular sagittal split osteotomy and rigid fixation. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 59(12): 1427-35; Discussion 1435-6, 2001

Stabilisation of sagittal split advancement osteotomies with miniplates: a prospective, multicentre study with two-year follow-up. Part II. Radiographic parameters. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 33(6): 535-542, 2004

Development and clinical relevance of radiographic findings in the equine foot - a follow-up study of auction horses according to the Radiographic imaging guidelines. Zur Entwicklung Und Klinischen Relevanz Rontgenologisch Erfassbarer Befunde An Der Pferdezehe: Eine Verlaufsstudie An Auktionsanwartern In Anlehnung An Den Rontgenleitfaden: 5 Many Ref, 2008

Clinical and radiographic evaluation of sagittal imbalance: a new radiographic assessment. American Journal of Orthopedics 40(3): E30-E34, 2011

Clinical and radiographic evaluation of a computer-generated guiding device in bilateral sagittal split osteotomies. Journal of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery 42(5): E195-E203, 2014

A clinico-radiographic analysis of sagittal condylar guidance determined by protrusive interocclusal registration and panoramic radiographic images in humans. Contemporary Clinical Dentistry 3(4): 383-387, 2012

Comparison of three radiographic methods used to locate the mandibular canal in the buccolingual direction before bilateral sagittal split osteotomy. Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology & Endodontics 93(6): 736-742, 2002

Tooth eruption: correlation of histologic and radiographic findings in the animal model with clinical and radiographic findings in humans. International Journal of Adult Orthodontics and Orthognathic Surgery 2(4): 235-247, 1987

Radiographic Evaluation of Patients with Bechterew's Syndrome (Ankylosing Spondylitis) and their First-Degree Relatives: Findings in the Spine and Sacro-iliac Joints and Relations to Non-radiographic Findings. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology 14(2): 119-132, 1985

Radiographic Evaluation of Patients with Bechterew's Syndrome (Ankylosing Spondylitis): Findings in Peripheral Joints, Tendon Insertions and the Pubic Symphysis and Relations to Non-radiographic Findings. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology 14(3): 279-288, 1985

Radiographic evaluation of patients with bechterew's syndrome ankylosing spondylitis findings in peripheral joints tendon insertions and the pubic symphysis and relations to non radiographic findings. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology 14(3): 279-288, 1985

Radiographic evaluation of patients with bechterew's syndrome ankylosing spondylitis and their first degree relatives findings in the spine and sacro iliac joints and relations to non radiographic findings. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology 14(2): 119-132, 1985

Relationship between recovery period of lower lip hypoesthesia and sagittal split area or plate screw position after sagittal split ramus osteotomy. Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology and Endodontics 105(1): 11-15, 2008