EurekaMag.com logo
+ Site Statistics
References:
53,214,146
Abstracts:
29,074,682
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
EurekaMag Most Shared ContentMost Shared
EurekaMag PDF Full Text ContentPDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full TextRequest PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on FacebookFollow on Facebook
Follow on TwitterFollow on Twitter
Follow on Google+Follow on Google+
Follow on LinkedInFollow on LinkedIn

+ Translate

Trh and cyclo his pro like immunoreactivities in the cerebrospinal fluids of normal infants and adults and patients with various neuropsychiatric and neurologic disorders


Life Sciences 41(22): 2419-2428
Trh and cyclo his pro like immunoreactivities in the cerebrospinal fluids of normal infants and adults and patients with various neuropsychiatric and neurologic disorders
Levels of thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) - and cyclo(His-Pro) (CHP)-like immunoreactivities and the activity of enzyme Pyroglutamate aminopeptidase (PAPase) were measured in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of over 100 normal adults (NA) and infants, and adult patients with various neurologic and neuropsychiatric disorders (NNDA). Levels of TRH and CHP in CSF of over 70% of the NA group were below 50 and 500 pg/ml respectively. The TRH- and CHP-like immunoreactivities in the remainder of the 30% of NA specimens exhibiting higher peptide concentrations were enzymatically and chromatographically characterized and were found to behave like authentic peptides. The levels of both of these peptides were significantly elevated in the CSF of most of the NNDA patients. An elevation of the CSF level of CHP was significantly correlated with the level of TRH, but not PAPase. Results from this study suggest that CSF elevation of TRH level may be due to a nonspecific response to stress that may be associated with hospitalization, myelogram procedure, and/or the neurologic and neuropsychiatric diseases for which the patients were admitted.

(PDF 0-2 workdays service: $29.90)

Accession: 006839672



Related references

Thyrotropin-releasing hormone and cyclo (His-Pro)-like immunoreactivities in the cerebrospinal fluids of 'normal' infants and adults, and patients with various neuropsychiatric and neurologic disorders. Life Sciences 41(22): 2419-2428, 1987

Comparison of cerebrospinal fluid proteins of normal and patients with various neurologic disorders using ultra thin layer sds polyacrylamide gradient gels. Rahman, M A (Ed ) Biochemistry For Development; Sixth Federation Of Asian And Oceanian Biochemistry Symposium And The 171st Symposium Of The International Union Of Biochemistry, Karachi, Pakistan, November 2-4, 1987 Xi+376p Pakistan Society Of Biochemists, University Institute Of Chemistry: Lahore, Pakistan Illus : 351-356, 1988

Cholinesterases of cerebrospinal fluid; data for normal fluids and fluids from patients with syphilis, meningitis, or poliomyelitis. Canadian Journal of Research 27(6 Sect. E): 327-340, 1949

Alkaline and acid phosphatase in cerebrospinal fluid Data for normal fluids and fluids from patients with meningitis, poliomyelitis, or syphilis. Canadian Jour Res Sect E Med Sci: 56-68, 1950

Immunoreactivities of amyloid beta peptide((1-42)) and total tau protein in lumbar cerebrospinal fluid of patients with normal pressure hydrocephalus. Journal of Neural Transmission 111(3): 273-280, 2004

Metabolism of trh in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with neurologic disorders. Society for Neuroscience Abstracts 10(2): 814, 1984

Timed urinary gonadotropin measurements in normal infants children and adults and in patients with disorders of sexual maturation. Journal of Pediatrics 90(5): 760-765, 1977

beta-Endorphin-like immunoreactivity in cerebrospinal fluid and plasma of patients with schizophrenia and other neuropsychiatric disorders. Pharmakopsychiatrie, Neuro-Psychopharmakologie 12(3): 269-276, 1979

Comparative analysis of cytokine gene expression in cerebrospinal fluid of horses without neurologic signs or with selected neurologic disorders. American Journal of Veterinary Research 67(8): 1433-1437, 2006

Nerve growth factor levels in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with neurologic disorders. Journal of Child Neurology 12(3): 205-207, 1997