+ Site Statistics
+ Search Articles
+ PDF Full Text Service
How our service works
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes. 4. The equilibration of deuterium oxide (D20) in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of total body water (T.B.W.) in the gastrointestinal tract



Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes. 4. The equilibration of deuterium oxide (D20) in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of total body water (T.B.W.) in the gastrointestinal tract



J. Clin. Invest 36: 289-296



Total body water estimated with D2O in rabbits was on average 75 per cent. of bodyweight in both sexes. Total water in the lumen of the digestive tract was 12 per cent. of total body water; 4 per cent. of the total was in the stomach, 2 per cent. in small intestine and 6 per cent. in caecum and proximal transverse colon.

Please choose payment method:






(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 014058848

Download citation: RISBibTeXText


Related references

Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes. IV. The equilibration of deuterium oxide in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of total body water in the gastrointestinal tract. long Dashjour Clin Invest 36(2): 289-296, 1957

Gastrointestinal water and electroyltes. IV. The equilibration of deuterium oxide (D2O) in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of total body water (T.B.W.) in the gastrointestinal tract. Journal of Clinical Investigation 36(2): 289-296, 1957

Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes, III. The equilibration of radiobromide in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of exchangeable chloride in the gastrointestinal tract. Jour Clin Invest 36(2): 279-288, 1957

Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes. I. The equilibration of radiosodium in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of exchangeable sodium (Nae) in the gastrointestinal tract. Journal of Clinical Investigation 35(5): 502-511, 1956

Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes. II. The equilibration of radiopotassium in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of exchangeable potassium (Ke) in the gastrointestinal tract. Journal of Clinical Investigation 35(5): 512-521, 1956

Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes. 3. The equilibration of radiobromide in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of exchangeable chloride (Cle) in the gastrointestinal tract. J. Clin. Invest 36: 279-288, 1957

Gastrointestinal water and electrolytes. I. The equilibration of radios odium in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of exchangeable sodium in the gastrointestinal tract. Jour Clin Invest 35(5): 502-511, 1956

Gastrointestinal water and electroyltes. III. The equilibration of radiobromide in gastrointestinal contents and the proportion of exchangeable chloride (Cle) in the gastrointestinal tract. Journal of Clinical Investigation 36(2): 279-288, 1957

Studies on the absorption and equilibration of water (deuterium oxide) from the gastrointestinal tract following abdominal surgery under spinal anesthesia. Surgery 36(6): 1127-1131, 1954

Equilibration and passage of water in the gastrointestinal tract of cattle in relation to estimating body water by compartmental kinetic models. Journal of Animal Science 63(5): 1400-1409, 1986

Equilibration and Passage of Water in the Gastrointestinal Tract of Cattle in Relation to Estimating Body Water by Compartmental Kinetic Models2. Journal of Animal Science 63(5): 1400-1409, 1986

Studies of the absorption and equilibration of water from the gastrointestinal tract following injury. Surg Gynecol And Obstet 100(1): 69-77, 1955

Absorption of water and electrolytes from the gastrointestinal tract. Digestive Diseases and Sciences 7(1): 1-3, 1962

Present state of the problem of the absorption of electrolytes and water in the gastrointestinal tract. Fiziol Zhur Akad Nauk Ukrayins K Rsr 9(6): 794-804, 1963

Schwannomas of the gastrointestinal tract: clinicopathological features of 12 cases including a case of esophageal tumor compared with those of gastrointestinal stromal tumors and leiomyomas of the gastrointestinal tract. Pathology Research and Practice 198(9): 605-613, 2002