+ Site Statistics
References:
54,258,434
Abstracts:
29,560,870
PMIDs:
28,072,757
+ Search Articles
+ PDF Full Text Service
How our service works
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

Inheritance of white coat color in the water buffalo of Thailand



Inheritance of white coat color in the water buffalo of Thailand



Jour Heredity 50(6): 269-272



Approximately 90% of the water buffalo of Thailand are characterized by dark gray coat color, while the other 10% are white. The frequencies of white vary in different parts of Thailand. In the extreme north approzimately 30% are white, whereas less than 5% of those in southern regions are white. No breeding data are available on the inheritance of coat color. A gene frequency analysis, based on the ratios of gray and white among dams and their suckling calves, indicates that white coat color is inherited as a simple dominant.

Please choose payment method:






(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 014082612

Download citation: RISBibTeXText


Related references

Color and horn variations in water buffalo. The inheritance of coat color, eye color and shape of horns. Journal of Heredity 53: 239-246, 1962

Coat color in the meadow-vole Inheritance of cream coat-color in Microtus penn-sylvanicus, with descriptions of several other color variations. 1938

Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor mutations are associated with white-spotted coat color in swamp buffalo. Animal Genetics 46(6): 676-682, 2016

The Relation of Yellow Coat Color and Black-Eyed White Spotting of Mice in Inheritance. Genetics 2(5): 433-444, 1917

Effect study of white locus (I) on coat color inheritance in Chinese native pig breeds. Yi Chuan Xue Bao 32(3): 275-281, 2005

Inheritance of coat color in water vole Arvicola terrestris L. Genetika, 162: 347-350, 1980

Inheritance of the coat color in the water vole arvicola terrestris. Genetika 16(2): 347-350, 1980

Inheritance and selective effects of color phase in white-handed gibbons (Hylobates lar) in central Thailand. Mammalian Biology 69(2): 73-80, 2004

Inheritance of branching and the color of the leaf standard petal and seed coat in cultivar wj and creamy white 6 pigeon pea cajanus cajan. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 55(3): 142-146, 1985

Inheritance study of corolla color seed coat color leaf taste and fiber color in corchorus capsularis. Bangladesh Journal of Botany 12(2): 190-196, 1983

Study of inheritance of some biological and economic charact ers in bovine cattle. I. Inheritance of coat color. Soviet genetics: (Transl 1974), 7 (11) 1412-1419, 1971

Inheritance of plant color pod shape and seed coat color in jute corchorus capsularis. Bangladesh Journal of Botany 10(2): 115-123, 1981

The role of MC1R gene in buffalo coat color. Science China. Life Sciences 53(2): 267-272, 2010