+ Site Statistics
References:
54,258,434
Abstracts:
29,560,870
PMIDs:
28,072,757
+ Search Articles
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ PDF Full Text
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

Knowledge and prejudice about leprosy in Havana City



Knowledge and prejudice about leprosy in Havana City



Revista Cubana de Medicina Tropical 44(2): 118-123



One thousand two hundred sixteen people living in 6 representative municipalities in Havana City were surveyed in order to know what they knew about leprosy and how these patients are perceived by them. The purpose was to ascertain if the community was prepared to help them to their adaptation to a socially useful life, which is one of the tenets of the Program for the Control of this disease. It was proved that only 10% had the necessary knowledge about leprosy and the remaining 90% had wrong notions about it. It is concluded that the community is not prepared for bringing about a change in the present status of this condition.

(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 046508206

Download citation: RISBibTeXText

PMID: 9768201


Related references

Various social characteristics of leprosy patients in Havana City. Revista Cubana de Medicina Tropical 39(3): 55-60, 1987

Significance of the number of persons living together with regard to the incidence of leprosy from 1977 to 1980 in 9 health areas of Havana City. Revista Cubana de Medicina Tropical 35(3): 327-337, 1983

A survey of people's knowledge about pollen in Havana City, Cuba. Grana 41(3): 199-199, 2002

Epidemiology of guillain barre syndrome a 12 year study in the provinces of havana and havana city. Revista Cubana de Higiene y Epidemiologia 29(1): 16-30, 1991

Presence of penicillin, streptomycin and tetracycline in fresh milk from two pasteurization plants in Havana province and the city of Havana. Revista Cubana de Ciencias Veterinarias 18(1-2): 27-30, 1987

Sanitary quality of littoral waters in beaches of the north coast of havana city and havana provinces cuba. Revista Cubana de Higiene y Epidemiologia 26(3): 20-29, 1988

Leptospirosis in swine from Havana Province and the city of Havana. Informe cientifico tecnico Instituto de Zoologia: 981 (170), 1981

Community-based survey on knowledge and perceptions about dengue and preventive practice in Lisa municipality, City of Havana province. Revista Cubana de Medicina Tropical 62(3): 245-253, 2013

Technology transfer from havana hospitals to primary care: yamila de armas, MD. Deputy director, provincial health department, havana city province. Medicc Review 11(1): 18-20, 2009

Prejudice Awareness Through Cultural Self-Knowledge Development: Going Beyond the Contact Reduces Prejudice Hypothesis. Journal of Family PsychoTherapy 23(2): 99-115, 2012

Survey of level of leprosy knowledge in population of Haikou City in 2006. 2007

Knowledge, beliefs and attitudes on leprosy in Iloilo City Proper, Philippines. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 17(3): 433-436, 1986

A Comparative Study of the Quality of Life, Knowledge, Attitude and Belief About Leprosy Disease Among Leprosy Patients and Community Members in Shantivan Leprosy Rehabilitation centre, Nere, Maharashtra, India. Journal of Global Infectious Diseases 3(4): 378-382, 2012

New orientations on pathogenesis of leprosy; new classification by the congress in Havana. Il Policlinico. Sezione Medica 59(5): 275-292, 1952

The city of Havana and its environment. Estudios Geograficos 57(223): 351-365, 1996