+ Site Statistics
+ Search Articles
+ PDF Full Text Service
How our service works
Request PDF Full Text
+ Follow Us
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
+ Subscribe to Site Feeds
Most Shared
PDF Full Text
+ Translate
+ Recently Requested

Effect of nitrogen sources on yield and yield components of potato (Solanum tuberosum) cultivars



Effect of nitrogen sources on yield and yield components of potato (Solanum tuberosum) cultivars



Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 89(1): 35-40



An experiment was conducted during two consecutive summer seasons to evaluate the effect of nitrogen sources on yield and yield attributing characters of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars. The experiment was laid out in a factorial randomized block design with four potato cultivars and three different nitrogen sources. The sources of phosphorous (P) and potash (K) were single super phosphate (SSP) and muriate of potash (MOP) respectively where the nitrogen (N) source is urea and di-ammonium-phosphate. In case of di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) it served source for both N and P. The pooled analysis showed significant difference between cultivars, nitrogen sources and its interactions on all characters studied. Our results revealed that application of recommended dose of N in the form of urea in both basal as well as top dressing significantly increased the vegetative growth. However, N 75% supplied in the form of DAP as basal and remaining nitrogen 25% in the form of ammonium sulphate as top dressing (T-7) along with recommended dose of P and K and N 75% supplied in the form of ammonium sulphate as basal and 25% as top dressing (T-2) along with recommended P and K resulted maximum marketable tuber yield in terms of tuber number as well as weight. Therefore, for maximizing the marketable tuber yield N can be applied in the form of DAP and ammonium sulphate.

Please choose payment method:






(PDF emailed within 1 workday: $29.90)

Accession: 066383627

Download citation: RISBibTeXText


Related references

Effect of Different Rates of Nitrogen and Phosphorus on Yield and Yield Components of Potato Solanum tuberosum L at Masha District, Southwestern Ethiopia. 2012

Relationships between yield and yield components in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars with different minituber sizes. Ziraat Fakultesi Dergisi, Akdeniz Universitesi 17(2): 127-133, 2004

Study on yield and yield components of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars grown in the Samsun area. Ondokuzmayis Universitesi, Ziraat Fakultesi Dergisi 11(2): 197-208, 1996

Studies on yield parameters and yield of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars under varying levels of nitrogen. Indian Agriculturist 35(1): 21-26, 1991

Effect of sources and methods of nitrogen application on yield and nitrogen uptake of potato solanum tuberosum in meghalaya. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 60(2): 119-122, 1990

Effect of nitrogen fertilizer and chlormequat on growth yield and storability of two potato solanum tuberosum l cultivars. Hortscience (Suppl.): 104, 1989

Effect of different nitrogen sources and of biuret in urea on the growth and yield of potato solanum tuberosum and its nutrient uptake. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 49(8): 641-648, 1979

Yield performance and its components in 3 cultivars of potato (Solanum tuberosum). Cultivos Tropicales 1(3): 103-113, 1979

Effect of planting date on yield and yield components of potato (Solanum tuberosum). Indian Journal of Agronomy 36(Suppl.): 312-313, 1991

The effect of different harvest dates on yield and yield components in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) in Antalya conditions. Ondokuz Mays Universitesi, Ziraat Fakultesi Dergisi 20(1): 37-43, 2005

The effect of tuber spacing and covering time on yield and yield components of potato (Solanum tuberosum Lin). Cultivos Tropicales 8(3): 25-29, 1986

Classification of a group of potato (Solanum tuberosum) cultivars according to yield and its components. Cultivos Tropicales 1(3): 139-149, 1979

Behaviour of the yield and its components in 14 potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars in their second cycle. Instituto Superior de Ciencias Agropecuarias de la Habana: II Scientific seminar Institute of Agricultural Science 10-14 April, 1979, San Jose de las Lajas: II Seminario cientifico Instituto de Ciencia Agricola 10-14 de abril de 1979, San Jose de las Lajas: 130, .

Effect of spraying potato plants solanum tuberosum with ascorbic acid on growth yield and yield components. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology 19(2): 244-248, 1976

Yield performance and its components in fourteen cultivars of potato (Solanum tuberosum) in their second cycle. Agrotecnia de Cuba 13(1): 87-91, 1981